7/28/08

Sunday, July 27th

Over 20 years of being close friends with musicians, I have occasionally tried to pick up a guitar and strum a few basic chords. No matter how much time passes or how long I practice, I would always give up after not being able to transition from a D to a G. Something just wouldn't click.

Today, something clicked. 114 landings after I started almost three weeks ago, I nailed 6 out of 7 of them over at Mid-Way. I quite suddenly got the feel for how the airplane is supposed to react to ground effect and my flaring inputs. I'm not sure who was smiling bigger... me or instructor Ben.

"I knew you had it in you. We'll make a pilot out of you yet."

It's 105 degrees here, so afternoon flights are suddenly very unpopular. We got excused a little early for the first time ever so I went over to Dave and Brittany's for dinner. Man, Dave can cook!

No comments: