10/28/08

Tuesday, October 28th

Ugh... I hate getting behind. Sorry for the lack of updates, but flying tuckers Yours Truly out, and I've been up to a lot of it lately. I'm also trying to cram for the commercial and fundamentals of instructing written exams, so my brain is acting like one of those plate-spinners of variety-show yesteryear.

A quick rundown of my cross-country trips so far...

Monday - Millington, Tennessee and back
Tuesday - study day
Wednesday - Meridian, Mississippi and back
Thursday - Tulsa, Oklahoma; Houston, Texas; back
Friday - Lamar, Colorado and back
Saturday - study day
Sunday - study day
Monday - San Angelo, Texas and back
Tuesday - Newton, Kansas and back

During this stage, I call dispatch at 0700 daily and get my assignment. I'm expected to get to the airport within 30 minutes and go wheels-up and soon as possible. So far it's just been day trips, but I think I've got an overnighter coming. Hoping for California or Florida.

Sorry for the short post. There are details to share on every one of these flights and I'll try to put my thoughts on these and future trips down in a more timely manner. Stay tuned. For now, enjoy this picture of the urinal at the San Angelo FBO...


And the accompanying instructions...


Ah, aviation humor... can't get enough of it!

No comments: