10/9/08

Thursday, October 9th

87% on the instrument written exam.

I was hoping to get into the 90's, but considering that it's one of the tougher written tests in this process, I'll plead temporary satisfaction.

Flew to Stephenville for the second time on Wednesday for a quick flight and a quick bite. Met up with two instructor-student teams (Walt/David & Aaron/Jose) from the private program. Lunch damage at the Hard Eight was $16 for three pork back ribs, a jalapeno sausage and 'nana puddin'. Ouch, but damn...

Lots of sim work and book-learnin' again. My instrument checkride has officially been scheduled for Tuesday, and I've got some work to do. Daniel, Jeremy and I spent yesterday afternoon poolside at the apartment going over elements of the oral portion of the checkride and I was surprised at how ready I am for it... I think. We're spending sim time practicing the checkride 'profile', trying to get the feel for the fast-paced requests of the examiner, who will be cramming a lot of orders into a 1-hour flight. Lots of people bust this one by getting disoriented or behind in their duties, but I'm feeling pretty good about it. Gotta stay focused.

By this time next week I should be starting my cross-country flights!

--

I must share these videos. I got them from a post on jetcareers.com and still giggle about them in my spare time.





For the life of me, I can't tell if these are pilots with amazing comedic skills or comedians with amazing pilot skills.

2 comments:

Cuddles McBelly said...

this is not a negro spiritual...

classic.

Cuddles

MEast said...

That's uncanny...

My response from July 10th, when Ryan first emailed me the same clips:

"“It’s not a negro spiritual”… Magnificent."

Great minds.