8/15/08

Thursday, August 14th

After a day off, Ben and I are back into 441CA and off to Houston. This was much like the return flight from Tulsa the other day... broken cloud layers and beautiful scenery. ILS approach into David Wayne Hooks Airport, but this time it was under the Foggles again, and my first try at minimum decision altitude... the point-of-no-return where I commit to either land or call a missed approach. After using instruments and ATC's instructions to navigate my way to the airport, Ben has me remove the Foggles at about 700 feet above the airport and I land pretty well. Not perfect, but going from sightless to sighted in a split-second occupies a number of brain cells.

Got a look at ATP's Houston location and grabbed the FBO's courtesy car to grab a bite to eat. Uneventful return flight.




Hey, they can't all be fascinating!

No comments: